Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympic Spirit

Even big kitties want to attend the Olympics! I'd love to be there myself. As I posted yesterday, we're really enjoying the Olympics. It's so cute to see Olympic fever catch on with the kidlets. My son already is a huge swimming fan and can tell you about different moments of Michael Phelps victories in Bejing. The other day he was going on and on about Ryan. It took me a minute to realize he meant Ryan Lochte, and he was talking about a relay race. Yes, we have entered first name zone. As the Olympic McDonald commercial came on last night, all three kidlets were yelling," J.R.!" In case you don't follow short track speed skating, that's J.R. Celski, a nineteen year old who won a bronze in the 1500m the other night. We made them go to bed last night before the pairs ice skating was on. It was just too late, and I didn't want today to be a total wash because they were too tired. When my seven year old logged on to check her email this morning (she gets email from family and Build-a-Bear), there was a picture of China's Shen and Zhao who won gold. She cheered, saying "Oh, I'm so happy they won!" Watching my three experience the Winter Olympics is almost as much fun as the games themselves!