Monday, June 28, 2010

Always Something

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

My proposal was due last night so it would be waiting for my editor when she got into work Monday morning. Her office is in London so I use midnight as my must-send-by time. Everything was going great. I had one final chapter of changes to type in and then...

The lights went out. Not just our house, but the entire neighborhood.

I used my Petzl headlamp that I use for climbing and got everything typed in. Huge sigh of relief. Except...

No power means no internet.

It was now getting closer to midnight. I was going to have to find free WiFi somewhere so I could email the manuscript.

I knew the airport had WiFi, but I really didn't want to drive here. I thought about the new Kessid Center. I had used their free WiFi on Friday. I headed over there with a prayer and my fingers crossed. I parked, opened my iBook and on-line. Even bigger sigh of relief. I emailed my manuscript, updated my status message on Facebook and drove home.

Here's hoping the next book goes much smoother than the last three have gone. I'm tired of total drama writing.