Thursday, July 08, 2010

Change is in the Air

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

My cats, Rocket and Spirit, used to sleep like this when they were little. It was the sweetest thing that would warm my heart. Now it only happens once a year and usually ends in a fight. How things change!

Speaking of change, this blog redesign is pretty much good to go. There are a few links on the booklist I still need to do and a few things that need to be rewritten, but everything on the navbar should have content now. Melissa's Diary will soon be my website once I transfer the www.melissamcclone.com domain name over.

Why am I making my blog my website?

I've been wanting to get my blog on the homepage of my website like my friend Elizabeth has for a while now. I only update the website when new releases come out while I blog regularly. But I couldn't afford a redesign. Instead, I opted for something I had the money for—a blog redesign after I saw the great job Julie from Zip.Zog.Zoom. did with the Girls' Weekend in Vegas blog.

I mentioned to Julie I was also thinking of eventually making my blog the website. She told me a lot of things were now possible with blogger so just let her know what I wanted. I told her I'd think about it, but was in no real rush.

About this time, Delle Jacobs, a historical romance author, posted on our RWA chapter loop about using her blog as a website. I knew this really was the direction for me to go. It made (and continues to make) so much sense when I looked at regularly updated blog content and the money I'll save each month. Maybe I'm missing something in my thought process about what a website offers that a blog can't. If I am, please clue me in! I do tend to get tunnel vision about some things, and this might be one of them.

As soon as I saw my new blog design (and absolutely loved what Julie had created. It's so me!), I no longer wanted to wait. I asked her to take the blog she'd just designed for me one step further. A few days later, this blog website was the result!

If you are looking for a blogger designer, I highly recommend Julie and Zip.Zog.Zoom. I found her via a link I clicked on a google search when we were looking for someone to do the Girls' Weekend blog! Talk about getting lucky!

Please have a look around. I'd love to hear what you think of my remodeled home on the Internet. If you see any errors, typos, etc. or something you would like to see, please let me know. Thanks!