Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Switching Gears

I've been hard at work on my new proposal that features a heroine who first appeared in my Silhouette Romance If the Ring Fits... and also appears in my 2/11 Harlequin Romance Expecting: Royal Twins! The other day I was driving and heard the perfect song for her. Take a listen:



White Flag by Dido is song #2 on my book soundtrack. I'm so thankful I have a list with a couple of songs on it because I was just offered the opportunity to write an eight chapter eHarlequin on-line read. That means, I have to switch gears. The princess proposal goes on hold for a short time while I write the on-line read.

The only on-line read I've done was back in 2004. It was called Husband Material.  It was part of a four story continuity. This time the story is all mine. It will be set in Hood Hamlet on Mount Hood and act as a lead-in to my upcoming 11/10 Christmas Magic on the Mountain.. It shares the same setting as my 11/08 Rescued by the Magic of Christmas.

I know who the heroine will be. I had something in the upcoming book that would work perfectly for this! Amazing when that happens.

Right now I'm trying to figure out who the hero is and the plot. With only 10,000 words, I think they'll need to have known each other in some capacity before the story begins. But how? That's the question.

Wish me luck writing this short sequel to one book and prequel to another!