Wednesday, November 03, 2010

That time of the year...

funny pictures-romance kitteh  had u at 'hello'
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I'm on day three of the NaNoWriMo challenge. Writers write 50K in one month. Just for reference, my books are approx. 50K words. It's something I sign up for every year, but usually I'll be on deadline the whole month of November and just never really get going past the first few days.

Surprise, surprise, I'm on deadline again. I actually have two deadlines this month. My Sleeping Beauty story is due November 15th. A new Mount Hood proposal is due November 30th. Between the two, I think I can do 50K words. So far I'm on track. I've set an ambitious goal of 3000 words a day, mainly due to the first deadline. I'm a bit behind with that story do to all the things that have been going on (sicknesses, injuries, etc.) at home.

Oh, my attempt to reach 50K won't be in the true spirit of NaNoWriMo with the first project since I already had a rough draft (mind you, a very short one.) But the proposal will be all new words. I'm still mulling over who the hero should be on that one.

I'm in that part of the manuscripts that gets a little murky. Or muddled. If the two are so into each other, I wonder why I can't just end the story now. (see above LOLcat.) That means I must really focus on the conflict. Unfortunately that can kill all the romance. It's a dance, one I have to do each story. It's one I'd rather sit out, actually.

Are you doing NaNoWriMo? My user name is melmcclone if you're looking for buddies.

Okay, today is my crazy day. I'd better get writing. I won't have much time later.