Monday, May 09, 2011

Off we go!

funny pictures - Skid marks in 3 ... 2 ... 1
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

The little kitty in the pic above reminds me of Yoda when he was younger! So sweet!

I spent yesterday exactly the way I wanted—resting and writing. I wrote over 4000 words, a chapter's worth of pages! A very nice Mother's Day present to myself. Mackenna took care of Rose for me (and also kept Chaos away) so I didn't have a care in the world. The kidlets made me cards (and ones from the cats and dog) and hubby got me a card, too. A very quiet, low-key holiday.

Too bad the week couldn't be that way, but that's not how things work around here! I did cancel the kids' piano lesson. They have testing and trying to find a time to fit it in was too hard. At least I have one less place to be.

A couple of people asked to see pics from the First Communion, but I haven't uploaded them yet. Yesterday was all about me! It was so cute to see Rose all dressed up in white, only to come home after celebrating, change into her soccer uniform and cleats and get covered in mud during the game. From one extreme to the other!

Today begins the new soccer season 2011-2012 for Finn. Only a week off because he's switched to a team that's closer to where we live. We really liked his old club, but it was in Oregon and just too far a drive. It wasn't an easy decision since the development at the old club is really good, but I'm at the point in my life where I'm all about making things convenient. I took him to kickarounds at clubs to see what he thought about the various teams. I was worried he would just want to go back to the old club, and I really didn't want to have to keep doing that commute a couple times a week. But fortunately he really liked one of them and wanted to play there instead. Yay!

This weekend he swam his first long course meet of the year. The pool is 50 meters. It always looks so much bigger when I see it after the short course season. He aged up due to his recent birthday. That means he must qualify at 11 year old times this season. He managed to beat an A time in the 400 meter by 4.5 seconds on Friday night. We were all very happy about that. He skipped Saturday's races due to the First Communion, but was back at the pool yesterday. He just missed his A time on the 50 Fly by a couple tenths and beat all the B times for his other two races! A very good meet for him. Hubby kept sending me texts to let me know what was going on!

Tonight after the soccer practice, I'll be watching The Event! (I still need to catch up on last week's episode. I was too busy writing.) It's a show I really like (the only one I watch regularly), but fear will be canceled. A friend just became a Nielsen family and I told them to please watch it. Turns out they already do!

Anything on your Must See TV list tonight?