Saturday, June 04, 2011

Mission Impossible

funny pictures - CUE "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" THEME
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I saw this LOLcat and had to laugh. It describes my day so far. Oh, it started out great. Breakfast with my daughter, Mackenna, and my good friend, Elizabeth Boyle, at Mother's Bistro in Downtown Portland. We had a delicious breakfast and chatted the time away.

After that we headed to the shopping area to see if I could find a dress to wear to the RITA® award ceremony in NY. We made a quick stop into the Goodwill store which is more like a designer boutique. I didn't luck out in finding a dress, buy my daughter ended up with a jacket, a blazer and a skirt!

We bid Elizabeth goodbye and kept shopping. The sun is finally shining in the Pacific Northwest and it's gorgeous out. We kept looking and looking. I tried on a few things, but no luck.

This really is feeling like a mission impossible to me. I'm not a formal type dresser. I don't like buying something I'll never wear again. I just don't look good in sleeveless cocktail type dressers that fill the racks at stores these days. I did find one dress, by Oscar de La Renta, that caught my eye at Nordstrom. It was a beautiful blue color with a vintage style skirt. Plain, but stylish. It was even on the sale rack. I checked the size. It wouldn't fit. A good thing considering the price tag $1795. That sure isn't in my budget!

Hope you are having a good day!



I still have a couple of weeks, but I was happy to have to head home so I could let Chaos out to go potty. Yes, that made me smile more than shopping for a dress.