Monday, July 04, 2011

Independence Day

I'm really feeling patriotic today. Part of that stems from being in Stony Brook, NY on Saturday and visiting the Grist Mill and The Country House. I heard stories from the revolutionary war time. So fascinating!

This morning we picked up Chaos from the dog kennel. She was so happy to see us. I sat in the back with her on the way home! Unlike the cats, she wants to be around us. The kitties still haven't forgiven us for going away for so long.

At ten, the kidlets rode around on their bikes and scooters, decorated with red, white and blue things, in a neighborhood parade. I walked Chaos who sported a snazzy and sparkling colorful decoration around her collar! It was fun.

We usually go to my sister's to celebrate the 4th, but this year we're staying home. I just can't see going anywhere after being gone so long. And tomorrow is a work day for hubby. No since driving all that way and then getting home at one in the morning or later, when we're so jetlagged already!

What are you doing today?

Whatever it is, I hope you have a very Happy Fourth of July!