Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Fair is not fair

funny pictures - It says to add more tuna. And a Tweety Bird.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

This LOLcat made me think of a few of the food exhibits we saw at the fair yesterday. They have a demonstration kitchen where 4-Hers prepare full meals.

So we all know that life isn't fair, but does it really need to kick you when you're down? We learned something yesterday. Casts are not allowed rides at the county fair. I understand the fear of lawsuits, I really do, but if you could have seen the look on my son's face when he saw "NO CASTS" written in bold letters above the ticket window, your heart would have been breaking the way mine was.

First no Long Course Swim Championships. Then no soccer. Now no rides.

At least, he won a very cool, mega-size water gun shooting a ball at three cups. But those games are a lot more expensive than rides.

I'd pre-purchased entrance tickets, ride bracelets and ticket booklets to save money. I figured he and my youngest could go on rides while I work in the dog barn each day. Much cheaper than what I spent on a babysitter last year. So much for my advanced planning!

Hope you have a great day!