Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Never gets old

funny pictures - You recycled ALL my boxes?
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

A new box arrived at our house yesterday! The cats were eying it, but it's mine, all mine!

I spent over six hours volunteering at the kids' school. A fun time, but I was tired when I got home. Of course, I only had a few minutes there before I had to drive across town for my son's soccer practice. But waiting for me on the kitchen table was a familiar looking box.

A thrill raced through me. I knew exactly what was inside and couldn't wait to open the box.

No matter how many books I publish, receiving the box of them from Harlequin is so exciting. It's one of the best parts of being an author. (Typing "THE END" is pretty cool, too!)

I held one of books in my hand, admired the cover art (kudos to Harlequin's Art Department) and read the back cover. Seeing my words in book form makes the sleepless nights, moments of freaking out, days of endless revision and polishing so worth it for me.

Have a great Tuesday! I'm looking forward to mine!