Saturday, November 19, 2011

A cold, rainy day

funny pictures - meanwhile  in Finland
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

This kitty has the right idea for the weather around here. My son's soccer team is in the semifinals of the end of the season tournament. Of course, the game will be played in the rain with temperatures in the thirties. Brrrr. I've pulled out my winter gear and dug out my rainproof pants. At least I'll be warm and dry. Just need to find an umbrella. I'd rather not have rain dripping on me for the entire game! I'd much prefer if it was going to snow, but the temperature right now is 38 degrees so not cold enough.

The dog show yesterday went well. Mackenna got fourth. It was a long day and an even longer drive home in the rain. We got home around 9:30 pm.

I did get some work done, but my proposal (that was originally due on the 31st) is due on Monday morning so besides the soccer game (and another if they win today) and church, I'll be spending my weekend writing. I was supposed to host Thanksgiving, but my mom offered because I'm so busy right now.

I'm absolutely stunned Thanksgiving is coming up. Black Friday, too. Where has the month gone? All the Christmas decorations and carols playing on the radio are freaking me out a little. I'm so not ready for it to be the holidays! How about you?