Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Purrfect Rescue

funny pictures - After a few steps, Coop decided  to wait for a rescue party.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

My current release, Firefighter Under the Mistletoe features both a hero and heroine who are firefighters. I'm always on the lookout now for fun firefighter stories and I found one yesterday on a cat group I belong to.

On Thanksgiving Day, a kitten got stuck in a pipe in El Cajon, California. For three hours, firefighting crews, police and Emergency Animal Rescue worked to free the cat. Here's a link to the East County Magazine story on it if you prefer reading to watching.

This first clip is from ABC in LA. It's short and to the point.



If you want to see more, here's a newsfeed of the rescue. It's longer, over seven minutes, of raw footage.



A great story! Firefighters and cats are a perfect combination. Well, at least us crazy cat ladies think so. And of course, I love happy endings!

Have a wonderful Sunday!