Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Release day!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

If you're looking for a Christmas romance novel to sink your teeth into, you're in luck! Today my latest Harlequin Romance Firefighter Under the Mistletoe hits the shelves.

Here's the back cover copy:
Christmas magic in Hood Hamlet...

For Leanne, infuriatingly charming firefighter Christian Welton is out of bounds. Not only is he too young for her, but his trail of broken hearts is legendary. Leanne's fought hard to be one of the boys, and won't let anyone see that Christian's smile makes her want to melt into his arms!

Christian wanted to discover the softer side of the tough-talking paramedic, but hasn't counted on how much the real Leanne affects him. He's vowed never to settle down, but under the mistletoe it's certainly the season to be tempted.…

Firefighter Under the Mistletoe received a 4 from RT Book Reviews. Here's what the reviewer had to say:
FIREFIGHTER UNDER THE MISTLETOE (4) by Melissa McClone: Great chemistry between primary and secondary characters and a detailed rescue narrative bring this story to life. McClone revisits characters from previous novels without slowing the pace. When rescue paramedic and firefighter Leanne Thomas saves her colleague Christian Welton and his cousin after a skiing accident, unexpected sparks fly. The slow admission of their feelings fits well for a romance set in a male-dominated workplace. The revelation of past trauma in Leanne’s life makes her a character that readers will care about.

Reviewed By: Roseann Marlett
For more info about the book and an excerpt, click here.

This title is part of my Hood Hamlet series featuring mountain rescuers on Mount Hood. Each book is stand-alone, but share the same setting and cast of characters. Firefighter Under the Mistletoe features paramedic Leanne Thomas who was first introduced in my November 2008 release Rescued by the Magic of Christmas. She also appeared in my free eHarlequin on-line read Snow-kissed Reunion. Both Leanne and firefighter Christian Welton appear in my 2011 RITA® finalist book Christmas Magic on the Mountain.

I haven't forgotten that today is also the day I announce my October contest winner. The winner is Jackie S., who won with her comment on my post titled Fashion Fun with Scarves. Jackie, please use the contact button on the menu bar above to send my your email address as well as tell me if you want a $10 gift certificate to Amazon or Borders. You have seven days to contact me or I'll pick another winner. Thanks to all who entered!

Be sure to check my contest and news pages for what's going on to celebrate my new release! Remember a blog comment gets you an entry into my monthly giveaway here at the website. A new contest begins today!