Monday, August 27, 2012

A nice time



I only had to blow out one candle last night and it wasn't on a cake. Because I was on Day 26 of my second Whole 30, I opted for a pyramid of strawberries with a candle stuck on top. Very yummy and I got to make a wish which was the whole point!

I mentioned my present on the blog a couple of weeks ago—Margie Lawson's Immersion Class in September. But I did get a dozen lovely roses in a rainbow of colors, picked out by my son, a Stanford sweatshirt from hubby and cards from everyone, including the four-footed kids. I also received a cute email card created by Dru, who is a good friend of mine and commenter here on the blog. And this handmade card from my friend Julie, who I've gotten to know via Facebook:



For someone I've never met in person, Julie sure knows me well. The card is perfect for me, mixing things I love: cats, Jane Austen and puzzles. Not sure if she knew about the last one though!

Needless to say, I had a great time yesterday. My son's soccer team tied their game, my daughter got all the classes she wanted for 9th grade and I got to spend some quality time with the family! Can't beat that!

Hope you had a nice weekend!