Wednesday, May 01, 2013

May!


I can't believe it's already May. I know I write something like that the first day of every month, but time is speeding by so fast.

I hope it slows down so we can enjoy spring.

Isn't that a cute picture?  Of course Bambi was one of those sweet movies that ended up traumatizing me, but that's another story!

Spring continues in the Pacific Northwest. A little rain, sprinkles really. Nothing to keep the kids from playing outside or dragging out the rain slicker. The sun keep shining even if the temperatures have dropped a little. I will admit last night at Rose's soccer kickaround it was a tad chilly even with the sun out.

Yes, soccer tryouts are coming up. Rose has hers this weekend. This is her first time trying to make a competitive team. Finn will have his next week, but he's an old hand at this. Two soccer clubs merged this year so it'll be interesting to see how all the teams fallout. This will be our fourth tryout. Two have been nothing but drama. Fingers crossed this one is easy-peasy make a team. That's not always guaranteed, though I must admit my life would be easier if they played rec soccer instead.

Hope you have a lovely May Day!