Saturday, June 29, 2013

Joggin' For Frogmen

My new shoes
I'm not a runner. I ran a little when I was in college. I ran when required in a Crossfit WOD just because I wasn't going to give up. But I didn't like it much. Well...

I just bought a pair of running shoes.

Why?

In less than a month, I'm going to San Diego. The last day of my visit happens to coincide with a a 5K called Joggin' For Frogmen that benefits The Navy SEAL Foundation and The 31Heroes Project. So a friend (a fellow Soldiers' Angel) and I registered for the race.

I've never run that far.

But I'm going to give it my best shot!

I have a fundraising page if you care to help me support our fallen heroes and their families. Click here.

I can always run/walk if need be, but I'd really like to jog as much of it as I can. For the past week I've been training using an iPhone app. So far so good. I think the swimming I've been doing since April is helping the training. My swim clinic coach, who is a triathlete, has been very supportive and helpful. Just wish I had decided to do this 8 weeks before the race (that's how long the training app is for). I've got a little over 5 so am going to have to kick things up a notch soon.

My jogging amuses my family to no end. But this is the least I can do for those who did so much for our country. Wish me luck!