Tuesday, July 19, 2005

No More Tears

So we're out of the house and into an apartment. The kids have been totally unfazed by the move. The cats are even more neurotic than before. The hubby is simply a moving machine. Me? It took me three days after we moved to finally be able to drive past the house without completely losing it.

Now, I'm fine. Well, almost fine. I'm no longer shedding tears. But the really good news is I'm back to writing! I have a chapter one. Chapter two is on it's way. And there's actually a story there. Huge sigh of relief. I never really know until I start writing the thing.

Next week I'll be at the Romance Writers of America's national conference in Reno. If you're there be sure to stop by and say hi at the booksigning for literacy on Wednesday evening. I have not been to a conference since 2002 and I'm really looking forward to it. Why?

1. I'm finally attending a conference not pregnant or with a new baby. This means I've been shopping:)
2. I'll get to see my friends who I email or speak to but never see face-to-face. Plus I get to make new friends. Romance writers are a friendly bunch.
3. I can catch up on all the romance gossip/trends/etc. Yes, I pretty much live in a cave when I'm not driving to all the various kidlet activites and adventures.
4. I'm having a new publicity photos taken. Actually I hate having my picture taken, but it's a necessary evil. The current picture on my website was taken a month after the birth of my oldest child when I was named a Golden Heart finalist and needed to submit a picture for the awards banquet. It's time for an update. (And a new bio since baby number 3 isn't mentioned and she's now a toddler.)
5. Adult conversation.