Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lost and Found

This morning our checkbook turned up missing. We searched the house, the backpack, my purse and the minivan. No sign of it. I was the last person to have it. On Tuesday. I was sitting in my minivan waiting to pick up the kids from their trip to the zoo and wrote a check. But today was Sunday. Surely I couldn't have lost it then and not realized it until now!

But after checking everything over and over again, we still couldn't find it. I told hubby to call the health club where I had parked. Yes, the checkbook was there. I guess this would be a good reason to put a phone number on your checks. At least we got it back and are thankful for the kindhearted person who found it and turned it in.

Oh, and more losses today. Teeth. Finn lost two teeth today. He actually had hubby pull them out. It will be a busy night for the toothfairy.

I also read a book called LOST AND FOUND by Carolyn Parkhurst. I'd heard about it on a TAR forum and wanted to see how she handled writing about the filming of a reality TV show. I really enjoyed it and thought the writing was great. I particularly liked how she handled the POVs throughout the story with each character having their own distinct voice. If you're a fan of shows like TAR, you might want to check it out!

Okay, back to work. I decided I want to open the book in San Francisco instead of Portland. The first leg of the race needs a major international airport nearby. I'm thinking the Marina Green would be a good starting locale. I lived a couple of blocks from there. I'd use Seattle except I've heard that TAR10 begins there. I'd already decided to go west around the world instead of east when I heard the new season does that, too. I may have to check out the spoilers to make sure I don't duplicate any locales. And I bought this big world map for my office today. It's one that I can write on and figured who these people are going to get around the world in thirty days. Once I get the race legs and locales figured out, I'll take a picture of it and post it here.