Friday, August 18, 2006

Naptime No-No

It's after 10 pm. I should be working on the proposal, but my three year old is wide awake. As I type, she's talking about being a tiny baby and playing with the cats. This after performing her versions of a Light Jig, a reel and a hardshoe routine for me and hubby. She's not yawning nor showing any signs of sleepiness.

And it's 100% my fault.

We had a busy day. The Children's Museum. Toys R Us. Lunch out. By the time we got home it was well after 2. So I put Rosie down for her nap. And she slept. And slept. And slept.

I took advantage of naptime. I checked email, got a little writing done, worked on spelling with one kidlet and worked on reading with the other.

When she finally woke up, she'd slept for over three hours. Normally this isn't a problem when she goes down for her nap on time. Needless to say I learned my lesson.