Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pressure

I think I may have mentioned before that without deadlines I don't get anything written. Whatever time I'm given is how long it will take me to write the synopsis, the proposal or the entire book. There's something about feeling as though a loaded gun is pointed at my head that ups my productivity. I thrive on the pressure. I can't help it. So when my editor reminded me we didn't set a deadline for the proposal and we should, I actually got excited when I had the date. (September 7th if anyone cares.)

It's sad really.

I mean, seriously, if one of the kidlets pulled this with a school project, they would be in big trouble. What kind of example am I setting for my children?

So besides asking for the Invasion DVD and a spa pedicure for my birthday, I'm going to see if I can give myself a dose of discipline. Not sure how I will do this so if anyone has any suggestions or advice, please share!