Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Tearful Goodbye

I'll be leaving around 6 am on Thursday morning and driving to Tacoma for a class. That meant saying goodbye to the kidlets at bedtime. They've never had a problem with me leaving before. It's not that I leave them overnight much. A couple of times a year if that. The longest time was when I went to the Denver RWA conference in 2002, but I think I missed them more than they missed me during that trip. So the tears, sobs and total anguish at my going away took me completely by surprise. The two oldest ones do not want me to go. The baby doesn't really know why they are crying, but she's crying along in sympathy. I've been in to see them twice now since tucking them in, but it's not working, and my heart is just breaking. I still need to read my assignment for class tomorrow and pack. It's going to be a late night. Again.

I've been assigned a place/family to stay with while I'm there, and I have no idea if they will have a wireless internet connection. So I may or may not post again until I'm home on Saturday night.

In the meantime, checkout my website. There's a link on the left. The new cover for my November release, PLAIN JANE'S PRINCE CHARMING, and an excerpt from the book are there. I finally sent info so the site could be updated! About time, I know. I also sent a revised bio since the current one has a living in our old house and fails to mention kidlet number three except in utero. Poor baby. I never did send out birth announcements for number three. I just bought one that I could print out and stick in her baby book.

Until later or maybe Saturday. Take care! xoxox