Wednesday, August 02, 2006

When will it end?

I want this week to end.

Not only are we going on a much needed vacation in three days, but this has been the worst week of the summer. Forget the hundred degree plus days without a/c. This is worse. Two of the kids are in Irish Dance camp. Not so bad one might think, like me when I registered them in June. But Finn has class from 9-11 am. Mackenna has class from 2-4:30 pm. It's far enough away that we can't drive back and forth. Which means we are gone all day long. Meals are eaten out. I've discovered parks I never knew existed, the carousel at Jantzen Beach and how glad I am we have a membership to OMSI. Of course, that also means there's no time for writing. And I have a proposal to write. And another story idea to research. I should have been done with the proposal this week. What I have written is still on my Alphie. I'm afraid to download it in case there isn't much there. Pathetic. But I can't help it.

I really want to scream. Through a tantrum. Pull one of Rose's drama princess routines big time.

Okay, I pretty much did the last thing this morning. A couple tears may have been involved. Sniffles definitely.

But it worked.

Tomorrow I only have to make one trip down there. My adorable hubby is going to do the other one.

Of course, I'll still have two kids to keep me busy, but that's easy to do here. And I won't have to eat junk (dieting, remember) or starve. Maybe I'll even get another scene done. Or two. And start packing for our trip!

I'll even do the dishes (hubby's chore) if it means staying home for a morning!