Sunday, September 10, 2006

I'm Back!

The proposal for LAST MAN ON EARTH is off, and I'm no longer grounded. Of course, I must remained disciplined and really figure out a doable writing schedule so this doesn't happen again.

I can't even remember the last time I posted so I won't bore you with what's been going on. Think first week of school, back to all the extra-curricular activities and writing if you really must know. I have a feeling that's my life for the next fifteen or so years.

The youngest kidlet starts preschool in the morning. She'll be gone three mornings a week for three hours each day. I don't know what I'll do with myself! No, wait, I do. I'll write!

As for the proposal, I had fun writing it. I struggled a bit with the hero, Jace Westfall. He's still a bit rough around the edges and had too many girly thoughts in the intial drafts, but he's finally coming together and more man-like. I really do like my heroine Millie. But I made the big mistake again, forgetting the romance, and it took a bit of revising so my hero and heroine didn't come across as hating each other in the second scene of chapter three. There was so much conflict there, but they were also very mean to each other. Thank goodness for the delete key. I just got rid of, oh, about four pages, and started over. It's much better now. I really do need to stick another Post-it note on my screen that says "It's a Romance, Stupid!" You'd think by now, I wouldn't forget. Oh, well... It's probably because I'm having so much fun with the reality TV aspect.

I've been putting together the race (South/North around the Globe) and writing clues as I figure out stops. If anyone wants to see the one I used in the proposal and solve it, let me know and I'll post it in the comment section.