Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Monday Tally

New Pages Written: 5
Pages revised on paper: Chapter 5, 6 and 7
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: haven't typed in changes yet
Total page count to date: 160 pages
Days remaining until D-day: 13

Chocolate consumed: some chocolate donettes
Junk food consumed: none
Diet: Need to start The Zone, but with a deadline it just doesn't seem doable
Exercise: None. I had to cancel my climbing date due to my hands
Television watched: None
Tears: yes. My hands really hurt
Link/Clip for the day: If you want to get to read an interview with my editor, she's blogging on the Wedding Planners today.

I managed 5 of my 10 pages before bursting into tears and begging for more Advil because my hands hurt so bad. I resorted to revising on paper. This didn't hurt as much.

By evening I was in so much pain, I went out and bought two hand braces. I've never had to wear them before, but with so much typing still to do in the next two weeks, I figure they can't hurt. Crossfit this morning should be interesting.

How are you doing?

12 comments:

Dru said...

{{{{Melissa}}}}

Elizabeth said...

Melissa, the hand braces at night when you sleep will help immensely. Been there, had that pain! I know when I get really going on the writing, the knitting has to come to a crawl. Balance, my friend, balance!

limecello said...

Oh Melissa, you poor thing - I hope your hands feel better! Good luck!

Tori Lennox said...

*hugs* on the hurting hands, sweetie.

And, you know, in most cultures chocolate donuts would be considered junk food. *g*

catslady said...

Oh thank goodness you didn't have to type when there were manuel typewriters. Luckily since I used to type for a living I never had that problem - sounds horrible. I don't suppose they've perfected those machines that let you talk directly to the computer and it types it for you?

Brandy said...

Oh, gosh. I hate to hear you're in pain. I hope the braces and ibuprofen help. HUGS!

Marianne Arkins said...

Oh... so sorry about your hands!! I can't believe you're still doing Crossfit with them hurting. Doesn't that make them worse?

Virginia said...

Sorry to here about your hands, you need to take care of them. May need to slow down a bit. This could be you body telling you to slow down.

Kim said...

Hope your hands feel better soon! I'll be sending prayers your way! Take it easy girl....

Cherie J said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your poor hands. Sounds like you need to take it a little easier. Your body can only take so much. Hope your hands feel better soon.

Sarita Leone said...

I am so sorry to hear about your hands. I know how you feel, though. That has happened to me, too. The only help for it was rest.

Sending hugs.

Amy said...

Oh, sweetie! Hugs, Hugs, Hugs on the hands.

Rest your body. I hope the braces and the ibuprofen help.