Monday, June 02, 2008

Tap, tap, tap...

I managed to squeeze in trip to the rock gym yesterday after Mass and will be hitting it again today, but other than that I've been locked away in my bedroom typing. My hands are starting to hurt so I have to take breaks and revise the earlier chapters by hand. Not sure when I'll be able to type in the changes. Tonight I needed to do a couple of blogs for the Wedding Planners so that did in my hands.

Anyway, it's time for the return of the tally. If you're new here, when I'm on deadline, I keep a running tally of my writing for each book that's due. This one I'm doing late because I was didn't want anyone to know just how far I was behind. I'm still behind, but not scary behind. And yes, I'm very freaked out.

Sunday Tally

New Pages Written: 6
Pages revised: Chapter 6
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: +3
Total page count to date: 155 pages
Days remaining until D-day: 14

Chocolate consumed: some M&Ms mixed in trail mix
Junk food consumed: none
Diet: Need to start The Zone, but with a deadline it just doesn't seem doable
Exercise: 1.5 hours of workout in weight room at rock gym, bouldering/traverses, top-rope climbing
Television watched: Yeah right. I can't remember the last time I watched TV or visited my Google reader or opened a book or picked up the telephone or...
Tears: none, but after writing the line above I think I deserve a few ;)
Link/Clip for the day: If you want to get to know the heroine in my upcoming release, SOS Marry Me!, she's blogging on the Wedding Planners today.

And just in case you are a big confused why chocolate is it's own category and not considered junk food I wanted to explain that in my world, especially on deadline, chocolate is as necessary as air, water and climbing. I can't live without any of them if I hope to finish a book. Besides, dark chocolate is good for you! There are medical studies that show the benefits. So it's really not a junk food after all!

Please tell me what you been doing so I can live vicariously through you! Thank you!

9 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

It sounds like you're really closing in on this book, good for you! And I agree, chocolate is a necessary food group.

Have been gardening here. :)

Marianne Arkins said...

You're absolutely right about the chocolate thing. And, we're completely updating the LASR website, changing the links, adding the reviews onsite, and a whole bunch of other stuff and are supposed to be ready to relaunch next Monday.

I have somewhere in the vicinity of 150 webpages to build in seven days.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Sorry you asked?

Tori Lennox said...

If you want to live vicariously through me, you must be really desperate. *g* My life is SOOOO boring. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing....

catslady said...

The good news is that there isn't anything on tv right now anyway lol. I've been spring cleaning - so no fun here.

limecello said...

LOL Melissa, living through me vicariously is not very fun. I'm reading secured transactions and working, and taking summer classes for the first time in my life. (And at the last possible time too - *knock on wood*).
I know - my life is so glamorous. I also moved out of my apartment this past weekend. ;) It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

Brandy said...

Nothing fun here, either. Chris is home today and has already upset my schedule. Men! *G* You eat as much chocolate as you need to! You deserve it. Looking at your tally, you're doing very well! WTG!

I hope you have a nice day!

Dru said...

You wouldn't want my day - had two deadlines to meet this afternoon.

I'm going to make my first ever full-length quilt.

I'm working on updating the website that I maintain.

I'm still having fun with my new toy.

Virginia said...

I have been pieceing a quilt for my friend daughter for a wedding gift. I got that finished today and am going to take it to my sister to get it quilted. She has a machine to quilt it with. Also trying to quit smoking. Its kind of rough going right now but taking one day at a time.

Amy said...

You mean chocolate ISN'T that big food group holding up the whole pyramid?