Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mailbag!

The past week has been a good one for mail. Last week I received the Harlequin Romance cover flats for my November release, Rescued by the Magic of Christmas. Today I received a box of six copies of the Mills & Boon Romance version of the book. The only difference between the two is the M&B cover is pink.

I just love when new books arrive. You can hold in your hand something that represents all the sweat and hard work from months ago. Last summer actually! The feeling never gets old, no matter if it's your first book or, in this case, my fourteenth.

Each book is special, but this is the first story I had to write. I was on pins and needles waiting to hear if my editor approved the idea because I didn't know what I'd do if she said no. Luckily, she didn't. I wrote the then titled Christmas on the Mountain, made a bunch of new climbing friends (including the climbing cutie), discovered climbing myself and fell in love with the sport!

I'll try to get all the info for the book to my webmistress this next week, including an excerpt! Things have been busy around here and I've got a new book to write, too!

Update: The UPS guy just dropped off a box containing my Harlequin Romance copies!!!!! Perfect timing!

18 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Congratulations! What exciting news! It must be wonderfully thrilling to just have a box of books appear on your doorstep.

I love Christmas books! I know I'm going to love this one. Looking forward to seeing it at the bookstore!

I'm just so pleased for you, Melissa. :)

Melissa said...

Thanks Sarita.

I'm a big fan of Christmas books myself. This is my second Christmas book. I did a continuity for Silhouette Romance. There are so many Christmas things, but I had to keep asking myself if I did that in the other book. There are a couple of the same things, but hey, some traditions like a visit to Santa and baking needed to be in there!

Dru said...

Congratulations on your book. I can't wait to add this one to my McClone collection.

Melissa said...

Thanks Dru :)

Diane Craver said...

Congrats Melissa! The Christmas cover is gorgeous.

Melissa said...

Thanks, Diane. I have a sleigh scene in the book and figured they would probably use that for the cover and they did!

Tori Lennox said...

Love the new cover!!!

Virginia said...

Congrats Melissa! I am also a big fan of Christmas books, so I can't wait for this one to come out. I love the cover by the way.

Melissa said...

Thanks Tori and Virginia!

I just updated the blog! More wonderful things today. A box of my Harlequin Romance version of this book! It's kind of fun with all the different versions: pink hardcover, pink paperback and white paperback!

Brandy said...

Oh, the cover is gorgeous and evokes the magic of Christmas! I like to read Christmas books and can't wait to see this one on the shelves! And even cooler? I remember you talking about this one when you were writing it!

I hope your day continues to be fabulous! *G*

catslady said...

I too love the cover - congratulations. I can't imagine how wonderful it must feel to be holding your own book!!! I have never lost that sense of excitement when I pick up a new book to read - it's like Christmas morning (so a Christmas book would be even more so lol).

Jane said...

Congrats, Melissa. I get excited when my online book purchases arrive.

Melissa said...

Thanks Brandy! Yes, I talked about this one a lot. I got the idea from that climbing accident in Dec '06 which I had blogged about as the rescue attempt was going on.

Thanks catslady! You're right about that Christmas morning feeling.

Thanks Jane. I'm just the same. When I see that box from Amazon, I get all tingly inside!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations, Melissa! That is perfect timing- and so great that you got to write this story :)

Melissa said...

Thanks Jennifer!

Marianne Arkins said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

Sarita Leone said...

Gotta love the UPS guy!

Nathalie said...

Sorry to be late... but you must like the UPS guy when he brings those boxes... Congrats!