Friday, September 12, 2008

Wanted: Time

Humorous Pictures
more animals

I know this is what my cats are thinking about me this week. (Okay, knowing cats, it's probably what they think all the time!) But with hubby gone (one of his longest trips this year) I'm barely treading water. Oh, I manage to keep their litter box clean, their water bowl full and food available for their big ole tummies, but that's not enough for them.

Unfortunately that's all I can manage right now. I have kids to take care of and drive around and a proposal to write.

I love my new story, but the one thing I'm lacking right now is time. That's why I haven't been commenting on the blog lately. Every extra minute, which isn't much with hubby gone, is going to the book. Sorry about that, but I'm seriously running on fumes and loads of unsweetened iced tea right now. I promise to be better next week.

Of course, I'm still staring at one of my To Do items on the screen from the link I posted the other day! At least I got the clothes folded last night. The clean laundry pile had me so frustrated that my eight year old son offered to help! The best part is we had a great conversation about soccer and his friends and got everything folded. The worst part is I have more in the dryer!

Any suggestions on how to keep up with laundry better?

10 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Stop wearing clothes?

No help, I know. Sorry! I suffer from the same sort of problem. Yesterday Hubby was kind enough to fold my laundry for me. I love it that you had fun folding with your little guy. How sweet.

Happy Friday!

Dru said...

I was going to say the same thing.

I wish I could help you with ideas but with only me, sometimes I dislike doing the laundry.

I buy to get clothes that don't need a lot of folding and I also try to get multiple wears out of pants/jeans/slacks before I put them in the laundry.

limecello said...

LOL I love the previous two comments. ;) I'll toss in my equally unhelpful comment by saying - buy more clothes? (The scary thing is I knew people in college who would really buy more clothes just to avoid laundry.)
It is sweet your son helped you fold. Good luck with the book, Melissa, as well as everything else. You can do it!

Tori Lennox said...

Don't worry about wrinkles?

michellewillingham said...

Definitely recruit the kids! Mine are younger than yours, but my daughter loves to empty the dryer into the clean clothes basket. My son can transfer the laundry from the washer (we have a front loader) to the dryer, and he's even learned to start the dryer. Kids love to help--teach them how! :)

Brandy said...

I second the kids comment! I put in a load when I get up and if it sits in the washer an hour or two after it's done it's ok. On super busy days I fold it when I go to bed. Wish I could be more helpful!
As for commenting here? Do what YOU need to do as far as writing. We'll still be here. *G*

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I agree about the kids - at that age they usually enjoy helping (don't they?) I always fold right at the dryer to avoid wrinkles since I've recently decided to give up most ironing lol.

my computer has been giving me grief. It now doesn't want to log me on. catslady5

Jane said...

How about bringing your clothes to the dry cleaners? They do regular laundry, too.

Virginia said...

No suggestions here. To me laundry is like housework, a thinkless job that is never done. Even when you think you are done you still have the close on your back that is dirty. I wish I could help you out, because I have been doing laundry all day and still have a load in the washer that needs to be put in the dryer. Its just never done is it?

Nathalie said...

I also said maybe you could get the kids involved and it can become a special bonding time over laundry!