Thursday, February 06, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Memo: The Billionaire's Proposal

For the past two weeks, I've been posting backlist titles on my Facebook page as part of a #ThrowbackThursday or #TBT promotion some writer friends are doing. I decided to add that to the blog today and I knew exactly what title to start with: Memo: The Billionaire's Proposal.

You see, when my kids had the flu in January (before I caught it) we watched a lot of TV, mostly on-demand and their favorite shows. One of those shows is Castle. My son and I were theo only ones downstairs when he asked me to watch an episode with him. He said he really thought I'd really like this one.

He was right!

Take a look at this short clip (If you want to see the entire episode we found it via Comcast On-demand):



Talk about art imitating art.

Eric Vaughn in the Squab and The Quail episode = my hero Drake Llewelyn. You see, the actor Ioan Gruffudd playing Lancelot in the movie King Arthur inspired my character years ago. Now seeing him as a billionaire with that sexy British accent...thud!

Some tidbits about the book:

•  I wanted the book to open in a castle with the hero dressed like a knight in shining armor. I also wanted him to have facial hair like Lancelot.

•  Chaney, my heroine, was the name of my son's Little League coach's wife. I asked her about the name, heard the story behind it and knew I had to use it in a book someday.

•  The book was nominated for a RT Harlequin Romance Reviewer's Choice Award. 

•  The manuscript was moved up in the publication schedule so I never had a chance to check the page proofs. I've received more complaints from readers about typos in this book than any other book. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it. So buyer beware! If typos drive you crazy, please skip this one!!!

• There's a booktrailer for this one courtesy of Goddess Fish Promotions:



Happy Thursday and happy reading!

3 comments:

Quilt Lady said...

Castle is one of my favorite show, have been watching it from the beginning. Your book sounds really good.

dstoutholcomb said...

love Castle, too.

Brandy said...

We watch Castle all the time! It's one of my family's favorites. The name Chaney sounds quite unique! Hope you had a great day!