Thursday, October 14, 2004

Finally!!

Okay, I've been meaning to do this for months now and since I just received an email from my editor telling me that my AAs (author alterations aka galleys) for my April '05 book were on their way, I decided to just take the plunge and try this before I get swept up into a few days of puncuation, spelling and typo checks.

This is actually my first post. My webmistress, Barb, put up the first one. I don't know what I or my website or my books would do without her. So a big thanks for all she does! Now on to today's entry...

My latest obsession has been getting organized. I've been working with a professional organizer off and on since the summer. She was a birthday present to myself . So far we've made it through the attic and garage. My goal is to be done with the house by Thanksgiving so I'm ready for Christmas. I don't know if we'll make it. Clutter = my house. It's pretty said. That said, I am making progress. I've donated over seven minivan loads to charity, returned things to friends I'd forgotten I had, organized all the kids' clothes by sex and age and rummaged through 18 years worth of letters, postcards, cards and other memorabilia. Most of which, I'm sad to say even though my dh and Ellen applauded my efforts, ended up in the recycle bin.

It was hard (often, brutal) to throw things away but I've never felt so much freedom. Getting rid of stuff is almost liberating. And I know wish I would have kept up with flylady instead of turning off all her email reminders!

And even though my organizing is far from over, it's not only made me rethink what I buy, but how I write. Surely if I can organize my house, I can organize my life and writing, including my process of writing. That's the plan, at least. Now to see if I can do it!