Thursday, November 17, 2005

I'm back

My few days away turned into a couple of weeks, but that deadline really did me in. I've been catching up with my family, my To Do list and my sleep. Forget about NANOWRIMO. I tried. I had my alphasmart all ready to go, but then I realized my brain was just too tired to jump into another book. Plus I had to send ideas to my editor for my next book. And since I didn't have any ideas I had to spend my time brainstorming. I sent three ideas off yesterday. Fingers crossed she likes one of them!

Today we signed the paperwork to close on our new house! But do you know what music played as we sat at the title company? Christmas music. One radio station in Portland, K106.7, has been playing all Christmas music since early November. I don't know about you, but that's just too early. I heard the song Do They Know It's Christmas Time and all I could think was Do They Realize It's Still November? Another station K103.3 is doing weekend Christmas samplers until Thanksgiving when they switch over to all Christmas music, too.

I have a question for you all? Do we really need Christmas samplers? What's to sample? I emailed them about that. I was asked if I didn't like Christmas music. Anyone who has seen my Christmas music collection would know the answer to that one.

I love Christmas music, but I like it when it's Christmas time. Not when we haven't even started planning the menu for Thanksgiving dinner. Too bad the radio stations in town don't agree. Thank goodness, the hubby got me the iPod for my birthday. It's getting a lot of use this month!