Thursday, December 01, 2005

Ears and throats and antibiotics

I have not one, but two sick children. My third child is upset because he isn't sick. Needless to say, I'm not getting anything done. And I have lots to do. An idea for my next book has been approved and the proposal is due in January. Our house is finally ready and we're supposed to be moving in this weekend. And then there's Christmas. Usually by now, our tree is up, the advent wreath is on the table and my Department 56 villages light up the mantle and shelves. But everything is boxed up in storage. So we bought a new advent wreath and three of the chocolate advent calendars. Fingers crossed we find the Christmas decorations sooner rather than later when we unpack.

I actually got a good start on my Christmas shopping. Thanksgiving night I pulled out my catalogs and started ordering. Then on Friday morning, I woke up at 5am and hit four stores by eleven. I didn't see any fights, but one woman was near tears in Toys R Us when the toy she wanted was sold out. Thank goodness for eBay!