Monday, December 19, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Sorry for not posting. I've been busy. The house is still full of boxes, but I have made some progress unpacking and getting ready for Christmas. The tree is up and finally decorated, school is out for the rest of the year, my daughter's Nutcracker performances are over and I've addressed all but three of my Christmas card envelopes. I even finished my revisions!

I have a new title for NOT SO PLAIN JANE. It's now called PLAIN JANE'S PRINCE CHARMING. I also have a new release date--November 2006. Yes, I killed myself to make the November 1 deadline so I could have an October 2006 release for nothing. Oh, well... No one ever said being a writer was ever easy or fair. At least I had six weeks without having to think of anything to write for the blog.

Waiting for the revision letter for the book to arrive was hard. I was happy with the story, but you just never know. Turns out I was sweating for nothing. The revisions were minor and very doable. Plus they made the story better! I had to answer a couple of questions my editor had, make a couple clarifications, tie up a thread I introduced but never followed through (oops!) and rewrite the resolution (my choice after reading the editor's concerns/suggestions). As I read through the manuscript, I found a few more things to change, but it wasn't as much as I thought it would be! YAY! Not that I ever want to write a book this quickly again!

Oh, and I got an idea approved for my next book. The working title is MARRIAGE FOR BABY. The proposal is due January 13th so I'd better get busy on it!

So here's my holiday To Do list:
1) Get pictures of the new house to post on the blog
2) Copy the Christmas Letter and buy stamps so I can mail Christmas Cards
3) Wrap gifts
4) Finish shopping
5) Make menu for Christmas Dinner and Dessert
6) Put all the boxes from Christmas decorations away