Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Playing House

We have finally moved into our house. Sunday was moving day! My parents took the kids (sickies and all) so my hubby and I plus our mover Travis and three of his workers could finally get us out of the apartment. The cats arrived Sunday night around 10:30 pm. The only things left in the apartment are some clothes, our television, DVD and VCR. My kids were devastated when the TV did not make the trip, but I had a good reason. (Though the kidlets would disagree.)

Anyway we can't get cable hooked up until the 13th and there was no way I would miss LOST or Invasion even if it meant sitting on the floor and watching in the dark so I said we couldn't move them until Thursday. Of course, my good pal and writer Tori Lennox emailed me that LOST was a repeat and Invasion wasn't even on so I got to stay home tonight!

So about my new house. It big and beautiful and I love it. There's one problem...it doesn't feel like our house. It's much too nice and I feel like I'm playing house. That at any moment another family is going to walk through the door and tell us to get out!

All my Christmas stuff is still in a storage facility near our old house. I must get it out. The kids keep asking when we can put up a tree! Do you already have your tree up and your house decked out for the holidays?