Monday, September 08, 2008

Knights, Music and YouTube

If you've read this blog for any length of time, you know I put together a soundtrack for each story. I'm still adding songs for my current manuscript (working title: The Billionaire's Playground). I've already mentioned inspiration for my hero came from Lancelot (played by Ioan Gruffudd) in the movie King Arthur ao I open the story at a castle in England because well, I needed a reason to put my billionaire in a suit of armor!

Needless to say, I've been watching many (okay, way too many) King Arthur YouTube videos recently to put me in the writing mood. I've found good and not-so-good ones, but a couple stick out for various reasons and I wanted to share those with you.

This first one is a fake trailer, and I must admit, this is the movie I wished they'd made instead of the one they did.



The next one contains clips to a song from the Disney movie, Mulan. I was laughing at some of the parts. Talk about a great editing job! The clips are perfect for the lyrics!



I'd never heard this song until I found this YouTube clip, but it's now on my sound track. Touching lyrics!



And finally I can't even count how many times I've played this one. The music is absolutely beautiful and is one of the songs I listened to over and over again while writing this past weekend. It's also been added to my book soundtrack.



What songs have you been listening to recently?

11 comments:

michellewillingham said...

I've been listening to "In My Arms" by Plumb. You can find it on Youtube. It's a wonderful song. :)

Dru said...

Every time I turn on the radio, the song, "One Step At A Time" by Jordin Sparks, is always playing.

Virginia said...

I haven't been listening to anything lately except in the car and that would be an oldies station. I been just to busy lately.

Tori Lennox said...

I've been listening to a lot of 80s pop music lately. And the usual country mish-mash. :)

limecello said...

I've been listening to not much - but also just pop stations.

Jane said...

I've been listening to the new Coldplay album.

Brandy said...

Hmm, I've been listening to my iPod and the radio in the Jeep. Mostly rock and a few pop songs. *g*
Hope the writing is going well!

AND that you're having a great day!

catslady said...

I get in different moods but lately it's been Michael Buble.

catslady said...

I just saw that I won yesterday and wanted to thank everyone again for their congrats and especially to Melissa and the random number generator lol.

Sarita Leone said...

I've had music on without words. Guitar music, mostly. If I try and write with music I end up typing the lyrics. :)

Hope your writing is going well. A castle, huh? Sounds very interesting!

Nathalie said...

I have been listening to my ipod which has the CD of Leona Lewis.