Thursday, September 10, 2009

How much is that kitty in the window?

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

This picture is so true. At least around my house. The three cats ignore me unless they want something, and the dog adores me 24/7. In spite of the cats' behavior, I now have a serious case of want-a-new-kitty.

Yesterday I had to take Chaos to the vet. She has another cyst that's bloody and full of puss. This is her second cyst and our third visit due to cysts. She just seems predisposed to them for some reason. Anyway, when I was checking Chaos in, I noticed a large cage behind the front desk with the sign "Take me home!"

Inside was a 10 week old kitten. She is oh-so-cute. Black fur with a little white on her face and chest. She's really active and totally adorable. I made the mistake of going over there. She has the prettiest green eyes. I got to hold her. She and Chaos even seemed to get along in spite of their size differences.

Of course, the last thing I need or have time for is another pet. Hubby has been telling me that all evening when I bring up the kitten. I know we don't need another cat, but that doesn't mean I don't want another cat. Smalls is 14 or 15. At least that's what the vet thinks. Rocket and Spirit are 12 1/2. It seems like a good time to get a kitten. Maybe she could liven those three up and play mediator with the dog.

Most likely I'll realize another pet isn't a good idea and chances are she's already been taken home by another family, but I'm still having fun thinking about her and imagining what we might want to call her!

Hope you're having a good Thursday!