Tuesday, October 25, 2011

2 Brothers with Lots of Cats

funny pictures-Well, if you'd move my kitty bed into the sunbeam,  I wouldn't have to sleep on the cold, hard carpet.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Many of us spoil our animals. I've moved boxes and beds and toys because that's what the kitties or dog wanted. I've also ended up in some uncomfortable positions through the night because I didn't want to disturb their sleep.

I want to share an article I found on the Internet at a site called Care2. Here's the link. It's about two elderly brothers who took in three strays. They loved these cats the way I love mine, but there was one problem. The cats hadn't been neutered or spayed. Because of that those three cats turned into 40 adults and numerous kittens.

The gentlemen couldn't afford to feed or take care of themselves let alone all those felines, but they managed to purchase food for their cats, who they loved so much. When they realized they needed help, they couldn't turn any of their pets over to the authorities for fear the cats would be put to sleep.

Common sense may not have been at play here, but when rescuers heard about the situation, they didn't condemn or vilify. Instead, they tried to help both the men and the cats. I've just condensed a three page article with pictures, but take my word it's worth a read if you have a few minutes.

The article also shows why it's important to spay and neuter your pets. It can be expensive, but many rescue organizations have programs to help with this cost. You may have to ask around, but there are many programs throughout the U.S. I'm assuming this article happened in another country, assistance can be found worldwide. In the long run, as the brothers probably realized too late, it's worth doing! But it's much easier to spoil three cats, then forty plus kittens! And a whole lot cheaper to feed, too!

Hope you have a great Tuesday!