Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Links

I survived the trip to the Puyallup Fair with two fourteen year olds and a thirteen year old, who had qualified to compete in 4-H Dog Judging. I had one moment of total frustration though. They'd gone swimming while I wrote. When they'd come back and changed into pajamas, the three of them sat on one bed. Instead of talking and having fun, they were all on their various cellphones or iPod Touches interacting with people who weren't there. All I hear is how my daughter doesn't get enough time with her friends, yet this is what they do? I talked to them about the importance of creating memories with each other while they were together. But I think it fell on deaf ears.

Here are a two links for you to peruse:

The first is from BuzzFeed and is called A Love Story in 22 Pictures. Definitely worth a look at one of our military heroes and his girlfriend. Click here.

The next is about a cat named Bob-Bob who went on vacation with his owner. The only problem? He was suppose to stay home! Read NY Daily News' Cat becomes trapped in suitcase... here.

Hope you have a great day!