Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The End of Summer

funny pictures-Dere goes my planz fur summer vacation.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Summer is drawing to an end. The kidlets are getting ready for school to start, and I'm trying to figure out where July and August went. I was really hoping to take a big family vacation, something we haven't done in a couple of years. There's so much else I wanted to do, too, but I doubt I can squeeze it all into the next few days especially with my proposal due on Friday.

Oh, well...there's always next summer! Or weekends once soccer season ends in November.

But the kidlets are happy with how their summer turned out. They love hanging out and play with the kids in the neighborhood all day. Water balloon fights, sprinklers, Nerf gun battles. We had twelve kids over on Friday night to watch Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam. So I guess our summer was a success when you look at it from a kids' perspective. Sun, play, water, friends. That's what matters to them.

Did you do everything you wanted to do this summer? What was your favorite thing about this summer?