Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Not yet Monday

Why do I love LOLcats so much? Because I can go to icanhascheezburger.com and pretty much find a picture to match my mood or situation. Many times I don't even need to use the search button because gems like this will be on the first page:

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

Yep. With a deadline on Monday, I'm right with this LOLcat!

So besides trying to finish my book, what's going on in the household?

- A lot of driving to PT and doctor appointments. We found out hubby will be on crutches for a full two months. Turns out the doc had to do some bone shaving due to bone-on-bone contact in his knee. In order to let blood get in there and cartilage, hubby can't put weight on it. So even though the ACL hamstring graft is looking great, this bone thing will be the limiting factor in his recovery.

- I bought two Christmas presents with a 40% off CDs coupon from Borders yesterday. I also bought a copy of my book. It's one of my traditions. On the release date, I like to buy a copy.

- The kidlets learned to make chocolate chip cookies. All I had to do was put the cookie sheets in the oven and take them out. They were so yummy! And the kidlets even cleaned up the mess!

- The Trigger Point Therapy is working great with my hands. That's three massages so far, and the results are great. My hands aren't healed, but they haven't been this good in a very long time.

So what's up with you?

12 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

So glad about your hands!

I Love LOLCats... and the dogs one, too.

Nothing much going on here except same old, same old.

I keep looking at your book, wishing for time to read. Maybe by NEXT Christmas, lol.

Sarita Leone said...

Congrats on the book release! I picked it up yesterday. :) I'm hoping to find time to read it this weekend. Fingers crossed!

So glad to hear your hands are improving. That's such great news.

Hugs to Hubby, and way to go baking kidlets! Chocolate chip cookies, warm from the oven...doesn't get much better than that!

Melissa said...

Haha, Marianne! I bet your TBR stack looks like mine. There just isn't enough time in the day! Thanks for picking it up though!

Thanks, Sarita. It seems like reading time is always at a premium, but I know with NaNo writing is the priority so just get your words done. The book isn't going anywhere!

And the cookies are so yummy!

Rottie_mom said...

Wonderful news that your hands are doing so well!!!

2 months on crutches are no fun but hopefully he will feel so much better soon.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Dru said...

I'm so glad the therapy is working on your hands.

Sorry hubby's recovery will be longer but glad that he's healing.

I love just baked chocolate chip cookies - the aroma floating through the air just brings a smile on my face.

Nothing much going on except trying to get rid of this darn cold.

I'm hoping to sneak your book in between all the other books that I want to read.

Have a good Wednesday.

Amy said...

Yay about your hands!

So sorry about Hubs's knee and the bone shaving. Nothing hurts quite so much as having bits of bone removed.

Hmmm, with such gloomy weather, maybe I need to have MY kids make some chocolate chip cookies this week.

Virginia said...

Glad to hear your hands are doing better. It sounds like hubby has a long recovery ahead of him. I feel for him. Knees can be a tricky thing. It also sounds like your kids are starting to grow up a little

Tori Lennox said...

That's great news about your hands!!!

Brandy said...

Bone shaving just SOUNDS painful. I hope your hubs heals quickly. SO glad to hear the massage therapy is helping with your hands!
AND you had homemade chocolate chip cookies that you didn't have to make or clean up? AWESOME!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

catslady said...

So glad your hands are feeling better and so sorry your hubby has two months on crutches.

They cleaned up!!!! You taught them well.

Jane said...

Hope your hubby isn't in pain. Glad to hear your hands are better.

Jennifer said...

Awe - I feel like that picture- only I'd like to change it to "until summer comes" :P ah well.