Wednesday, November 05, 2008

One of those days

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

This morning, my hubby will be having knee surgery. Please send prayers and good thoughts his way if you have a minute. Thanks!

Update: Thanks all! The surgery went well. He was home around one thirty. Friends brought us dinner which was great since I'd promised another friend I'd teach her class before knowing today was surgery day. My mom stayed with hubby who has a place set up on the couch (courtesy of the kidlets) and is flipping between all the talking head pundits on cable news channels. (i.e. except for his knee he's in heaven!) He sees the physical therapist tomorrow.

Of course, I haven't sat down all day. Why are men such bad patients? I had to empty the blood from his pump thingy and I swear I wanted to deck the guy with all his pestering and comments. Oh, well... it won't be for long. And he's still a hottie even when he's like this.

As for me I still have ten pages to write once I get the kids to sleep and hubby to the point he doesn't need anything else. It's going to be a loooooong night! Tomorrow's blog may not get written at this point or it may be late.


Melissa

17 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

I hope the day goes well for all of you. Will keep you in my thoughts. Looking forward to hearing all went well and Hubby is on the mend.

Hugs!

Dru said...

Sending positive vibes and let us know how he is when he comes out of surgery. Hang in there as well.

Amy said...

Sending positive vibes north, babe. Always. You guys are some of my favorite people!

Hang in there, Melissa.

Rottie_mom said...

Candle lit and prayers on the way. Please let us know how y'all are all doing!

Virginia said...

I hope everything goes well with the knee surgery. Sometimes people do real well with those. My brother in law had both of his hips replaced about two years ago and has done great ever since.

Marianne Arkins said...

Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way!

Brandy said...

I'm late but hoping and still praying the surgery went well! Hugs!

catslady said...

I'm late too so I hope it's all done and everything has gone well and he mends quickly!

Jane said...

Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Hope everything goes well.

Sarita Leone said...

So glad to hear all went well!

Take care of yourself, too. Sounds like you've got your hands full. Thinking of you all, hoping each day brings improvement.

Hugs!

Brandy said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well! I have no idea why men are bad patients. My Son is easy-peasy! *g* Best wishes on getting everything done you need to!

HUGS!

Yan said...

Glad to know everything went well!~

Dru said...

I was thinking of you and hubby. I'm glad the surgery went well.

Take care of yourself.

Dru said...

I know you may not have time, but check my blog - I gave you an award

limecello said...

Oh dear - I'm glad to hear the surgery went well, Melissa- and hopefully he's being a better "patient" now. That reminds me of the youtube (?) video of the "man cold."
Good luck with everything!

Virginia said...

I am glad to hear that the surgery went well. I feel sorry for you right now because I know what a pain a man can be when he is sick.

Jane said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well.