Monday, November 02, 2009

Yoda

We adopted a 12 week old black kitten named Yoda on Halloween. I'd run into Pet Smart to grab something when my daughter noticed they were having a black cat adoption day and wanted to look at the cats. I had a black cat when I was in high school and college. He was an amazing cat so I thought of Dupree as we were looking at all the cats.

I saw Yoda's picture, but the cage was empty. I figured he'd already been adopted since he was the only kitten I saw there, but nope, his foster mom was holding him.

We fell in love with him.

I bought what I needed then we ran home and got the rest of the family including Chaos and returned to Pet Smart. We decided to adopt him. He was delivered by his foster mom last night. He's currently in my office with a baby gate across it (no door). The kidlets slept on the floor in there last night so he wouldn't be alone.

The last thing I need is a kitten, but we just couldn't leave him there. The Humane Society found homes for four black cats on Halloween. The others were older cats. A good day for everyone!

As soon as I find my card reader, I'll post pics!

Have a great Monday!

7 comments:

Anne-Kathrine said...

Congrats on your new baby!! Im surprised that they were adopting out black cats on halloween. Here they don't adopt black cats out in Oct due to several black cats being skinned during october.

I bet Yoda is just adorable!!!

catslady said...

Oh a baby kitten - Congratulations :)

I still think of that little black kitten that I couldn't save :(

But oh a new baby kitten :)

Dru said...

Congrats on welcoming Yoda into your home. I can't wait to see a picture of him.

Have a great Monday.

Brandy said...

As you know we have two black kitties and both are characters! I've heard that it's harder to adopt out black kitties because people don't connect well with them because they can't see their faces as well. Such a crock. (OOps, sorry.) Anyway, Congratulations on your new baby! I can't wait to see pictures! *G*

Tori Lennox said...

I, too, am surprised they were putting black cats up for adoption on Halloween. Like Anne-Kathrine said, they do that around here for fear of animal abuse.

Marianne Arkins said...

Yeah.. I'm with the others on the black cat adoption thing. I'm surprised -- but congratulations on your baby. My first "all mine" cat was a black cat named Buddy (he was a stray I found).

Enjoy :-)

Melissa McClone said...

Well, no one got to take their black kitty home. They come to your house and do a home inspection and sign a contract.

I can't find my card reader, neither can hubby. We're searching everywhere for it.