Monday, March 22, 2010

Books

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

The proposal is off. My back bothered me all weekend, but I wrote through it. A heating pad helped! Now to finish the manuscript. Well, after I rest today. I really want to feel better so I can go skiing. A day of rest means a day of reading. A good thing because I have a couple books I need to finish.

I'm currently reading/relying on three books for my research for this story:

1) Balkan Ghosts by Robert D. Kaplan
2) Black Lamb and Grey Falcon by Rebecca West
3) The CIA World Factbook 2009

Not exactly your typical research material for a Harlequin Romance, but my book is set in a fictional Balkan country that has been torn apart by civil war. I need to understand that part of the world, as well as the people, so there's at least an air of authenticity to the story.

Speaking of books, I found this YouTube on the Book of Love. I'd never heard the song before but it's a cover by Peter Gabriel!
Enjoy!



What books are you reading right now?