Monday, July 23, 2012

Manic Monday

funny cat pictures - LIARS, LIARS, PANTS ON FIRE!
see more

This LOLcat made me laugh this morning. After a busy weekend (four days really) where I was away more than I was home, my cats definitely got into some trouble. Not quite as bad as dying a white cat black, but there was some clean up to do.

I'm busy packing for the national RWA conference in Anaheim. I leave tomorrow morning on a super early flight with three writers from my local chapter: Jenna Bayley-Burke, Lissa Manley and Terri Reed. The timing means getting up when it's still nighttime, but that will get us to Disneyland that much faster. Sleep or Mickey Mouse? Easy decision!

I'm not doing the literacy signing this year for a couple of reasons. One, I was thinking it might be fun to just walk around and visit people who I never get to see. One thing about conference is I keep seeing the same people over and over again. Somehow I miss a whole bunch who I know are there, but never end up running into. And two, the deadline for sign-ups came at a bad time. They sent out a reminder but with all that was going on with my friend in San Diego going into a hospice facility and writing, it just slipped by.

My prayers go out to all affected by the theater shooting in Aurora, Colorado. I don't know about you, but this has hit me really hard. My fourteen year old had been at the movies earlier that night. She and I have gotten into it this past year about her wanting to go to midnight premieres with her friends. I've always worried about what could happen after the movie got out. Never ever considered something would ever happen inside the theater.

Well, I've got lots to do today to get ready for tomorrow. I will be blogging about the conference this week. I still haven't figured out how to sync photos from my iPhone to my MacBookPro, but I can always email them to myself if I can't find my cord!

Hope you have a wonderful Monday!