Monday, July 16, 2012

Spirit

funny cat pictures - Not only will this hurt...  but your dignity will not be spared either...
see more

I'm late blogging this morning, but I had to run one of my cats, fifteen year old Spirit, to the vet. The news isn't good. Her kidneys are failing. We'll be doing sub-q fluids for her. But hearing the vet say she won't be around much longer was so hard. I still can't believe it.

Spirit on the chair. Beauty underneath.
Anyway, I really don't know what else to say. But I hope your Monday is going a lot better than mine.

6 comments:

Brandy said...

Oh, no. I had hoped there would be better news. I'm so sorry Melissa. Prayers and hugs for all of you, furry and human.

Maria Zannini said...

I am so sorry! How old is she?

Painful as the news is, at least you have time to spend with her and make her transition full of love and warmth.

Hugs, sweetie.

Sarita said...

Melissa I am so sorry to hear this. Please know you're all in my thoughts and prayers. Such sad news. But you all have beautiful memories!

Sending huge hugs.

Dru said...

oh no..I know how much you love Spirit.

Sending good thoughts and prayers.

Quilt Lady said...

I am so sorry to hear about Spirit, I did lite a candle for her on Facebook. This is such a sad thing to hear but you did have fifteen wonderful years with her and that is a long life for a kitty. Just love her with the time you have left.

Melissa McClone said...

Thanks so much! She's being spoiled rotten and loving every minute of it.

Maria - she's fifteen. Her birthday is in April.