Friday, August 26, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me!

After the disappointment of my birthday last year, my wonderful hubby has completely redeemed himself.

He took the day off. I woke up not to "Mommy, I'm up. Come get me" but to silence. A rare occurrence around here. I glanced at the clock and it was 8 o'clock. That's late for me. No wonder I felt so rested.

I headed downstairs. The smell of freshly baked coffee cake hit me halfway down. The kidlets greeted me with "Happy Birthday Mommy." They had already been fed and were waiting to give me my presents.

And what presents! The best birthday presents ever!!

1) A Life-size Anakin Standee - yes, I got it. And yes, he is so hot! He even has a light saber. So very cool. "Hello Anakin," I said, my voice more sultry than I intended. "I'm Melissa." My hubby just sighed and said he'd let that pass since it was my birthday. I love this man so much!

2) A 60 GB iPod that was wrapped in a really cool star wars gift bag

3) A iBook G4 with 14 inch screen plus Word for Mac - this was a complete surprise. I'm still in shock. I needed a new computer, but planned on waiting until I had a new contract. But to use the iPod with my Mac Cube, we would have had to upgrade it so much that hubby decided to just get me a new computer instead. I honestly didn't know this (I may have an engineering degree, but I'm a complete technophobe now) or I wouldn't have asked for an iPod.

Now I must pack! We were supposed to be on the rode already and I haven't showered yet. As of last night, ROTS was playing in three theaters in Boise. Depending on when we arrive, I may try to catch a showing tonight. That would be a nice ending to an already perfect day!