Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Proposal and Pre-birthday Presents

I've been hard at work on the proposal! It's still not done, but I'm getting there which is why I still haven't gotten any pics on the blog. But I'll figure it out one of these days. We're heading out of town on Friday and I want the proposal finished! Or at least close enough that I don't feel compelled to work on it this weekend.

On the home front, Mackenna can now ride her bike without training wheels. Huge sigh of parental relief!

My b-day isn't until Friday but since we'll be driving to yet another Irish dance feis that day, my sister gave me my presents on Sunday when we celebrated her son's 6th b-day at Chuck E. Cheese down in Salem. When she handed me the presents--wrapped in Star Wars (Ep 1 TPM) wrapping paper, she told me that I didn't need any of these things, but she thought I would have fun with them.

So here's what I got:
1. A package of Dark Side Peanut M&Ms. (dark chocolate ones with Star Wars themed packaging. Very cute. And tasty!)
2. A puzzle with Anakin and Darth Vader on it
3. A "Sith Happens" t-shirt
4. An "Evolution" pack of Anakin action figures showing him as a padawan (Ep 2 AOTC), a Jedi (Ep 3 ROTS) and then Darth Vader (Ep 4 ANH).

As an extra bonus, my brother in law got me a gift he'd made all on his own--a long-sleeved white t-shirt with an ironed on decal he created. It has all of the Disney Princesses in a half circle. In the center is Princess Leia with a blaster. Near the top is a tie fighter. It's really cute. He also gave me extra iron-ons so I can make matching shirts for Mackenna and Rose.

At Chuck Es while Rose was on one of the little rides, Mackenna came up and said, "Mommy, they have a Star Wars game." She handed me one of her tokens and said, "go play it. I think you'll like it. And I'll watch Rose for you."

When we got home, she asked me what my favorite thing was. she was talking about the gifts I received. Finn answered before I got the chance. "Anakin," he said. "Mommy loves Anakin."

Yes, my family recognizes and acknowledges my Star Wars geekness! As well as my Hayden crush:)

We'll just have to see if the hubby comes through on Friday. I really want that life-sized Anakin standee!