Sunday, August 21, 2005

House Day

Friday turned out to be all out houses.

In the morning, I found a used video of the movie Life As A House (LAAH) for sale at Hollywood Video. I've tried renting the tape, but it's always been checked out. Fellow Hayden lovers from a yahoogroups list told me it was required viewing for any fan. Of course after I bought the tape I was told that listening to the commentary on the DVD was also necessary. Oh, well…

That afternoon the kids and I put on red hardhats and walked through our house that's being built. WOW! It's so big compared to the little cottage we had in Lake Oswego. We don't have enough furniture to fill it, but that will just leave more space for the kids to play, run and dance! The kids went into the rooms they'd picked out and luckily no one wanted to switch. Everyone was laughing and jumping around and just so happy. We also toured a house similar to ours that's almost done. Another WOW! It was so nice. Selling our first house, living in this apartment, everything we've had to do so far has definitely been worth it!

That evening I received a phone call from the woman who had purchased our little cottage. I hadn't heard from them since the day of the home inspection and it was so great to talk with her. She and her husband will be remodeling the house before they move in, and best yet, they are using the same contractor we used to remodel the upstairs back in 2000. (I actually dedicated my April book to Jon and the crew at Beals Design-Build.) Anyway, she sounded so excited about the house. That made an already great day that much better.