Sunday, June 04, 2006

Free at last!

I finished my revisions last night! The manuscript is ready to be emailed, but I keep hesitating, wondering if I should read it one last time just in case. I'm sooooo much happier with the book now. My editor had some great suggestions that didn't take a lot of work but made such a difference to the story. Having time to do an extra pass through the book and then read it aloud really helped, too.

After I finished this final pass, I read the kidlets a chapter from Prince Caspian, put them to bed, then settled on the couch with hubby. I was hoping to find FLIGHTPLAN on PPV, but it wasn't there. My good friend and former co-worker at UAL, Alan, told me that Jodie Foster's character had the job as we did and that I should watch it. I guess I'll check Hollywood Video and see if I can find it. We ended up watching U-571 instead. Definite guy flick, but some nice candy. Could have used a better script with a lot more character development, but there sure was a lot of action. Hubby enjoyed it.

Now the fun begins. Reaching THE END is the best part of writing, but coming up with new book ideas to submit is pretty neat, too. I get to spend the week reading and watching movies. Napping and daydreaming. Brainstorming and scribbling. All in the name of writing. Wish me luck!

And I'll need luck this weekend, too. Forty plus people for a Texas Hold-em Party and BBQ at our house. We (and two other very fun couples) are hosting an auction buy-in party to support the kidlet's school. I guess I should start working on it!