Friday, June 16, 2006

Schools out for the summer!

My kidlets are thrilled. Today was the last day of school. Of course it would feel more like summer if the rain would stop. Oh, the joy of living in the Pacific NW! Once Fourth of July rolls around the weather will improve. Fingers crossed!

I spent today researching ideas for new books. I have a list of characters, subjects and settings. I'm trying to figure out if I can turn any of them into books. My editor emailed me this morning saying she's looking forward to seeing my ideas. After a book with a child who has leukemia and the last one with an orphaned four-month old, I want something more fun to write about. I had an idea for a sequel to IF THE RING FITS... but I was told royalty is out for now. Harlequin has a royalty continuity coming out. So we'll see what I come up with.

On the home front, I've found a new show to watch now that my beloved INVASION has been cancelled. It's called THE OFFICE and is on Thursday nights. If you've ever worked in an office environment, you'll find it hilarious. No yummy eye-candy like Eddie Cibrian, but the actor who plays Jim is pretty cute. Check it out.