Monday, June 26, 2006

Summer Days

I've been ignoring everything except the kidlets. The first two days of their summer vacation I was sick in bed. So I've been making it up to them. This weekend we went to our church's annual summer camp. We slept in bunks in cabins. It was the first time since high school I ate pizza made in cookie sheets. Since I'd never attended camp as a kid, I have no idea what camp is supposed to be all about, but it was really fun. Though the mattresses were really thin and hard.

Last night we had dinner with friends at McCormick and Schmidt's Harborside. I had the Dungeness crab cocktail and the sweet Thai shrimp salad. Very yummy! Our friends invited us to see the American Idol concert with them. They got a suite and I'm so excited. Of course, the kidlets are going to be very bummed they aren't going, but I'll get some cool souvenirs for them!

Quick writing update:

I sent a new book idea to my editor on Friday. Fingers crossed that she likes it.

My November release, PLAIN JANE'S PRINCE CHARMING, is on amazon.com. No cover yet.

My April '05 release, BLUEPRINT FOR A WEDDING, will be released in the UK as a Mills & Boon Tender in August.

The temperature is going to be above 100 degrees again today and we never got around to installing a/c. After leaving in Arizona for three years, I hate the heat. Today is not going to be fun.

Hope you are staying cool!

Melissa